Monday, December 8, 2008
25 Christmas Questions
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, I agree Beth it is more fun to open, plus it is sooooo fun shaking the box trying to guess what the gift it is.
2. Real tree or artificial? Real, really I love the real ones. I have both though. The artificial one in the living room and the real one in the sun room
3. When do you put up the tree? The Artificial one goes up the first or second week in November. Yes, I know that is early but Christmas goes by so fast. and the second one goes up the first Sunday after Thanksgiving. It is a hoot looking for the tree. This year as we all got out of the car and Scott started to run and yelling, "There it is I found it, I found the perfect one!" Jarom was running behind him yelling ,"Trip him, Trip him,"....ha, ha, ha, I like the way he thinks.
4. When do you take the tree down?Between Christmas and the day after New Years. If the tree is really dead, it goes down day after Christmas.
5. Do you like eggnog? LOVE IT, but it loves my bottom better, have you ever looked at the fat grams in that stuff.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My Cheerful Tearful Doll. Santa brought me and my sister Pam the doll and a cradle a piece and tons of clothes. I found out later that Mrs. Santa sewed a long time while we was at school making the clothes. That was a fun year... of course they all were.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yeppers I do. My dear brother Jeff made me the stable and I bought the rest. Love my brothers... and my sisters too.
8. Hardest person to buy for? What about the hardest gender...Men, women love everything, men are tricky.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My girls, especially Katie bug. Sorry Bethie, you don't like my taste in a lot of stuff.
10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? One hundred percent Mail. It's fun to go through the old ones from year to year.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Beth I hear ya about the school gifts, for two years in a row Angela C. got my name. She received elaborate stuffed animals and I got a ten cent pack of crayons and a twenty five cent coloring book....I never was crazy about A.C.
.12. Favorite Christmas Movies? Santa Clause and Christmas with the Kranks...I think I like anything that Tim Allen is in.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?Black Friday
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?....Every year... that is part of the fun.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Piling up on the couch with my loved ones and eating popcorn and Christmas fruit and the eggnog.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored, for me whites are pretty but colored is beautiful.
17.Favorite Christmas song? Mary Did You Know and O Holy Night.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home Sweet Home.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph...?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The time, it races by.
22. Favorite ornament theme or color?I love green and red...
23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I agree Beth, The whole spill... ham, deviled eggs, casseroles, sweet potatoes, mac and cheese, greens, rolls, j. p. salad, dessert.
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? A camera, mine is broke and really I don't care, whatever the kids and Don comes up with, I am easy to please.
25. A favorite Christmas Tradition?Finding and cutting the tree. Christmas Eve, Christmas Day. This year we are starting new traditions with Addie, one night while Beth and Jarom go out Gramps and Grandma is going to take Addie shopping for her parents gift at the dollar tree, (that is an old tradition when my kids were little) and out to eat. Yeah for being a grandparents! For all of you grandparents out their with lots of grandchildren, I envy you.