Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Monday, December 8, 2008
25 Christmas Questions
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, I agree Beth it is more fun to open, plus it is sooooo fun shaking the box trying to guess what the gift it is.
2. Real tree or artificial? Real, really I love the real ones. I have both though. The artificial one in the living room and the real one in the sun room
3. When do you put up the tree? The Artificial one goes up the first or second week in November. Yes, I know that is early but Christmas goes by so fast. and the second one goes up the first Sunday after Thanksgiving. It is a hoot looking for the tree. This year as we all got out of the car and Scott started to run and yelling, "There it is I found it, I found the perfect one!" Jarom was running behind him yelling ,"Trip him, Trip him,"....ha, ha, ha, I like the way he thinks.
4. When do you take the tree down?Between Christmas and the day after New Years. If the tree is really dead, it goes down day after Christmas.
5. Do you like eggnog? LOVE IT, but it loves my bottom better, have you ever looked at the fat grams in that stuff.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My Cheerful Tearful Doll. Santa brought me and my sister Pam the doll and a cradle a piece and tons of clothes. I found out later that Mrs. Santa sewed a long time while we was at school making the clothes. That was a fun year... of course they all were.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yeppers I do. My dear brother Jeff made me the stable and I bought the rest. Love my brothers... and my sisters too.
8. Hardest person to buy for? What about the hardest gender...Men, women love everything, men are tricky.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My girls, especially Katie bug. Sorry Bethie, you don't like my taste in a lot of stuff.
10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? One hundred percent Mail. It's fun to go through the old ones from year to year.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Beth I hear ya about the school gifts, for two years in a row Angela C. got my name. She received elaborate stuffed animals and I got a ten cent pack of crayons and a twenty five cent coloring book....I never was crazy about A.C.
.12. Favorite Christmas Movies? Santa Clause and Christmas with the Kranks...I think I like anything that Tim Allen is in.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?Black Friday
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?....Every year... that is part of the fun.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Piling up on the couch with my loved ones and eating popcorn and Christmas fruit and the eggnog.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored, for me whites are pretty but colored is beautiful.
17.Favorite Christmas song? Mary Did You Know and O Holy Night.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home Sweet Home.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph...?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The time, it races by.
22. Favorite ornament theme or color?I love green and red...
23. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I agree Beth, The whole spill... ham, deviled eggs, casseroles, sweet potatoes, mac and cheese, greens, rolls, j. p. salad, dessert.
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? A camera, mine is broke and really I don't care, whatever the kids and Don comes up with, I am easy to please.
25. A favorite Christmas Tradition?Finding and cutting the tree. Christmas Eve, Christmas Day. This year we are starting new traditions with Addie, one night while Beth and Jarom go out Gramps and Grandma is going to take Addie shopping for her parents gift at the dollar tree, (that is an old tradition when my kids were little) and out to eat. Yeah for being a grandparents! For all of you grandparents out their with lots of grandchildren, I envy you.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Hey Pam, You can not believe what a hard time I had posting, so I didn't get to blog on your birthday a couple of weeks ago. Even though I miss that chance to blog I don't want to miss this one: Remember Pam: "A sailor went to sea, sea, sea, to see what he could see, see, see, but the only thing he could see, see, see was the bottom of the deep blue sea, sea, sea.... ,Or the long hot summer nights setting up eating cucumbers and watching old movies like "Seven brides for seven brother's. You shared with me the joys of being young and carefree. I remember one time setting something on fire when I was a little girl in the bathroom and dad was mad, when he asked who did this you looked at my frightened face and said you did. I know dad knew better because I remember the look he gave me. When I tell you my dreams and my inner thoughts you believe in me and bought me my beautiful necklace that has believe engrave on it. It has come to symbolize so much to me. And I also remember the laughter, tears and confidence we always share. I miss you tons sis, the light in this tunnel is that I know that it will be soon that you are going to move back to Huntsville, Yeah!!!
Monday, October 13, 2008
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
but it was just the other day (or so it seems) that my two little girls were just babies. Hold on to these hectic days girls, they are wonderful, packed, and exhausting, but they will be something you will smile at as you get older.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
First I walk around with my camera swinging on my arm but I notice that the man and woman that was sitting in the dump pile had left so I go and find a place and sit down waiting for my turn at the horses. ( I was supposed to get an hour but instead got only thirty minutes). In the meanwhile this party of very classy women come up with about 7 little debutantes for a party and they ask the same cowboy if there is a table they can set up for the cake and gifts. (I wish I had taken pictures but didn't). I look where I am sitting at, ( a bunch of logs circling a dump site) and realize I am in the only area with a place to sit up. So I mosey on up and walk away while the woman starts kicking cans and trash into a circle. ( I really wanted to sit there and watch all the women's reaction to the place and when the little girls needed to go to the bathroom, but didn't). There is an old card table to the side and they spread a plastic table cloth over it and bring out this adorable cake with all kinds of plastic horses on it. I leave them to their problem and I decide to take pictures and this is what I took.
A Picture of this friendly horse.
Here is another picture of the friendly horse.
Okay, now I am getting bored.
I take one last picture of the friendly horse and see Don, Katie, Scott and rest of group heading back. I finally get to saddle up and take my ride which I had to admit was a lot of fun. I had a sweet horse named Lace and she was an angel. Needless to say, this is one of those trips that you look back on later on and laugh about. I grin as we walk off and I see a woman with a grim look on her face headed back from the outhouse.
the horse.... after a whiff of the breeze from the outhouse
Friday, September 26, 2008
Today we added a new member to our family. Jordan, Scott's girlfriend, gave Scott a beautiful, white, German Shepherd! Her name is Boggie and she is quite the little charmer. Already we have fallen in love with this smart puppy. Of course if her ears, paws and tail are any indication she won't be small forever.
Addie fell in love with the newest member of the family, she stretched her arms towards Boggie and said "dag":)
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Friday, August 29, 2008
Pam was the over all winner of the day! Of course that wasn't a surprise she is one smart cookie when it comes to that chicken scratch.
Addie woke up from her nap and wanted to get in on the game. She is looking to see which domino she wants to lay down.
Don't look at my domino's!
Hmmmm, which one should I lay down next.....say these taste pretty good. :P
The matriarch of the family!
Joan and Margaret didn't win a round but heavens knows they were good sports about it. Seriously, it seems sometimes as in games like Rook that the luck will go to one side of the table or the other.
Pam, it was great having you back home sis. Can't wait for you to come back to fun, drama, and thrills of being part of this wacky family. Positive thoughts about the houses. :)
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Here is a video from Addie's Aunt Katie, needless to say we, (Katie, Gramps and Grandma) are new. LOL, for one thing we couldn't get the dog gone thing to stop recording. Either way around Addie was way excited to 'rock' the rocker all by herself.
This is a picture of my beautiful daughters Katie, Beth and granddaughter Addie. They are some of my best buddies. That is the beauty of when your children grow up, You may feel empty nest until you realize that they are some of the best confidantes you can have around. One thing for sure they can sure make you laugh and laugh at yourself. It's funny to go over the years and see it from their perspective. Young mother's beware! Daughters love to bring up old stories. Grin, oh well, Crazy works in this family. Ha, Ha.