Friday, August 29, 2008

CHICKEN SCRATCH


CHICKEN SCRATCH!

My sissy Pam came down from Oklahoma, which was really exciting since it has been two years since the last visit. A llllloooooonnnnngggg time ago Pam showed us how to play chicken scratch. Your using Dominions but instead of getting as many points as possible the trick is to get as few. We usually have a present for the winner and the looser but this time we had so many gifts that each time we played a round the person that won got to select a gift. I won the first hand, (A big wooo hoooo!), so I got to pick from the gifts first. Pam donated fantastic gifts, and so I pick a spice rack which I will show at the end of this blog. Next round I won again and picked a floor lamp. (Now I wasn't being greedy, I was joking as each time I brought in one of the big gifts, and planned on swapping at the end but everyone said keep them and now I feel silly.) After that my streak of luck went East and Pam won three times. Katie won once, Beth once, mom twice and my mind is such a fog I can't remember if Margaret or Joan won one. Nevertheless everyone came away with a gift. :)

Pam was the over all winner of the day! Of course that wasn't a surprise she is one smart cookie when it comes to that chicken scratch.

Addie woke up from her nap and wanted to get in on the game. She is looking to see which domino she wants to lay down.

Don't look at my domino's!

Hmmmm, which one should I lay down next.....say these taste pretty good. :P

The matriarch of the family!

Joan and Margaret didn't win a round but heavens knows they were good sports about it. Seriously, it seems sometimes as in games like Rook that the luck will go to one side of the table or the other.

Pam, it was great having you back home sis. Can't wait for you to come back to fun, drama, and thrills of being part of this wacky family. Positive thoughts about the houses. :)

1 comment:

Beth said...

That was a fun day! Aunt Pam, you need to hurry and move so we can have more fun days of chicken scratch!!!