Thursday, September 25, 2008

UAH

Okay, sometimes I think if you voice a wish out loud their must be angels around listening. Every time my children start a semester at college I am so proud of them but also I would give my eye teeth if I could be going. Years ago I went directly from school to work, but when I started to work at Motorola I was able to go to college with the company paying for it. I loved it, and unlike school I was totally devoted and made A's until I met Don.... My A's went down to a B and I did finish the quarter but went after and received my MRS degree. The next 25 years, as all stay at home mom's know, were devoted to Husband, children, family and church. Don't get me wrong I love doing that also but now..... Now I get to start doing a little something for me. My sister Joan told me that mom was telling her about a program that is called Con't. Education at UAH. The teacher's are retired teachers, professors, etc who donate their time and talents. They offer a whole range of classes: French, Spanish, German, Economics, etc. My sister Joan could not go, she has a lot going on and already takes art classes, but I called my friend Sandy, who I must say is adventurous and did not hesitate to say YES, she would take the class with me. Of course, at the moment she thought I meant like the next year or so, but in less than four days we were going to our first class which is the 7 habits of Highly Effective People by S. Covey. I love that Class and Sandy did too so she called Diane another great friend and told her about it now we all three go. Sandy and I are only taking two classes, and Diane one, but we love it a lot. We laugh a lot and it is just fun being me without a title for one day. Just learning and hanging with the girls.... Oh, and Sandy and I also signed up to volunteer at the Republican Headquarters. That's an exciting place to be. So my busy schedule just got a lot busier but I couldn't be happier. I ask my World Lit. teacher if she would teach a class on creative writing and she said she would seriously think about it. I can't wait till the next quarter. The fact is life is what we make it, how we perceive it, and what dreams we let catch flight. :)








From the time that Beth entered Kindergarten I would take a picture of their first day of school, so here is mine and Sandy's.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! I am so glad to be going and learning so much. Why can't we have this hunger for knowledge when we are younger! I can't wait for next semester. Thanks Sherry!

Beth said...

Maybe I'll catch the learning bug again and get my masters. Sigh...

Anonymous said...

Im so proud of you mom... i love you :)

Clarissa said...

Woo hoo! Look at those cute college girls! ; ) I'm so excited for ya'll to be doing that! Beth you can come get your Master's with me!